Gose is an old-school style of wheat beer that’s been increasingly popular as of late. Its signature salty-sour taste is developed through the addition of salt and often fruit during the brewing process. It’s not for everyone, but those who froth this alternative style of beer are sure to love the recent collaboration brew we did with Club Brewing Co, who make one-off beers with an impressive range of local and international breweries.
Our gose features local Australian products including a fresh and fruity burst of flavour thanks to mandarin oranges, plus salt from the Murray River. It’s a killer beer that’s at once herbal and acidic without being overpowering.
If you want to get your hands on this specialty brew, you’ll need to join Club Brewing Co’s beer subscription service (which, if you love beer as much as we do, shouldn’t be a hard sell). The subscription sees a mixed pack of one-off beers delivered straight to your door every 3 months. What’s not to love?
The best part is that the upcoming round containing our Mandarin Gose will be delivered right in time for Christmas. It’s guaranteed to end your year on a cheery note!
Malts: Pilsner, Wheat | Hops: Amarillo, Mandarina Bavaria | Plato: 10ᵒP | Colour: 6 EBC | Bitterness: 12 IBU | ABV: 4.2% | Additions: Seedless mandarin pulp, Murray River salt
It’s tricky trying to find the perfect gift for a loved one. Here at Burnley Brewing, we believe the strongest bet is finding something the recipient enjoys and making your gift about celebrating that. We reckon it’s a pretty safe bet that most of you have a few friends or family members on your holiday shopping list who enjoy a decent beer. If that’s the case, we’re here to help ease your search for their perfect gift this year.
If you really want to treat the beer-lover in your life, one of the following is sure to bring them cheer(s) this holiday season:
– First up is one of our trusty tote bags ($10) which features our trademark slogan, ‘The Other Thing Can Wait’. They fit the bill perfectly for those seeking an affordable but thoughtful and practical gift. Even better when stuffed with a four-pack of our newly-canned Coffee Brown Ale or Pils, available at an independent bottle shop near you.
– Another possible gift is one of our heather blue jumpers ($65) featuring our mascot, Salvatore the Seal. It is, of course, an unlikely time of year to go giving someone a long-sleeved knit. But we prefer to think of it as an opportunity to give a gift that comes into its own further down the year, letting your loved ones know both that you care and have an endearingly off-kilter sense of timing. And given this unseasonably cold December, it may come in handy a bit sooner than expected.
– For those who prefer to drink in the comfort of their own home, why not gift a set of Burnley beer glasses? These high-quality drinking vessels come embossed with our logo and are available in a range of sizes – Big, small and mini. If you’re feeling extra generous, you could even gift the lucky recipient a set of minis so they can create their own DIY tasting paddles.
– If you’re looking to pull out a few stops, most people won’t turn their nose up to a drink and dinner voucher. Our kitchen does some mean Italian-inspired dishes. So treat yourself and your loved one to dinner with us here on Bridge Road and have our lovely staff talk you through our beers. A close second to getting to us here at the source is paying a visit to any one of the spots all around Melbourne that have kegs of our finest tapped and ready to go.
– For a larger crew, you may be interested in one of our brewery tour and tasting packages (prices available on request). We can accommodate groups large and small for an intimate and personalised behind-the-scenes look at what goes into the brewing process at Burnley. This makes a great gift for beer-nerds and the beer-curious alike.
We hope you’re as excited as we are to get into the festive season. If you’re interested in any of the aforementioned gifts, stop by the brewery any day of the week to get your hands on them or learn more about all the options we have on offer. Happy holidays!
If you missed the news, Burnley Brewing turned one year old last week. Not only did we host a big, celebratory bash for our first year of brewing, but we also released two new canned brews the same night. Although these cans have not yet hit the shelves, we wanted to offer craft beer-lovers (and those who are new to the scene) an early taste of our third and fourth tinnies.
The first of our two new beers is one we’ve already had on tap – Our coffee brown ale, brewed in collaboration with These Days Coffee Roasting in Richmond. The dark beer features a healthy hit of Ethiopian coffee, plus hints of caramel and chocolate. But the real point of difference for this brew is that we added nitro to our canned varieties, giving the final product a large head and smooth, creamy finish reminiscent of your favourite milky coffee drink. It’s not quite a flat white… But we’d argue it’s better.
The second new canned beer to hit shelves in the coming weeks is a classic Pils, brewed to German purity law. This lager showcases New World Hops, which give the classic beer style a contemporary twist. The resulting brew is crisp, dry and perfect for summer. It’s pale colour and relatively low ABV make it a seasonal counterpart to our Vienna Lager can.
Both beers will be available Melbourne-wide (and beyond) in the weeks to come. You can find them at most independent bottle shops, as well as a few other select retailers, restaurants and bars. That being said, if you are unable to find Burnley cans in your area, let us know and we’ll look into finding a stockist near you! Alternatively, you can also ask your local shops to get in touch about stocking Burnley beers.
But for now, watch this space as well as our social media accounts for further updates about where exactly you can get your hands on our cans.
Malts: Maris Otter, Medium Crystal, Oatmeal, Munich Dark, Chocolate | Hops: Willamette, Cascade | Plato: 14.5ᵒP | Colour: 45 EBC | Bitterness: 30 IBU | ABV: 5.7% | Additions: These Days Coffee Roasting’s Ethiopian single origin coffee, lactose
Malts: Pilsner | Hops: Chinook, Centennial, Amarillo, Cascade | Plato: 11ᵒ P | Colour: 6 EBC | Bitterness: 25 IBU | ABV: 4.5%